The School is affiliated with I C S E New Delhi ( PU 094) Our first batch of Class 10 will be coming out in 2013. Our institution Became the First school which obtained an ISO 9001-2008 Certified Institution in Malwa region, for its quality in imparting the education and maintain the infrastructure up to the international standard. we have obtained the affiliation for starting the Senior Secondary classes(+2) which will be starting in 2013-14 session with Science and Commerce streams
A balanced curriculum following a wide range of subjects as per the guidelines of I.C.S.E is adopted for all classes. GIPS emphasis to
- Make academics interesting and enjoyable.
- Bring out the natural curiosity of children toward the joy of discovering knowledge.
- Make learning activity oriented through a lot of project work rather than merely bookish exercise.
- Create an environment for the students to independent thinking and expression.
- To provide an extra help through remedial coaching to weak students so that they don't fall behind.
- Academic session will be from April to March. It is divide into three terms
- Ist Term : April- August
- IInd Term : September- November
- IIIrd Term : December- March
- Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology from VI to VIII)
- Social Studies (History, Civics and Geography VI TO VIII)
- Drawing and painting ,S U P W
- Physical Education and Games
- Computer Science
- Moral Science
- Punjabi/ Hindi
- Social Sciences (History, Civics, Economics ,Geography)
- Science (Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences) /Economics
- Mathematics /Computer Science/Commercial studies
- Health and Physical Education /Computer Application
- Work Experience S U P W
- Art Education
- Computer Science//Physical Education/Math
- Business Studies
- Computer science/ /Math/Physical Education
- Computer Science//Physical Education/Biology
System of Examinations
Students performance is tested regularly through a broad based system of examination. The child appears for three Unit Tests and Three Terminal Examinations. Appropriate importance has been given to these tests. Promotion is decided on the basis of marks obtained throughout the year combined with the marks obtained in all exams. The following are the specific norms.
- Passing marks in each subject is 40% but a student must get at least 50% in aggregate to be a awarded a promotion. If a student fails in one subject, he/she will be given compartment, which he/she has to pass; otherwise he/ she will not be allowed any promotion. Failing in two subjects or more means a failure.
- If a child fails in class for two consecutive years, it is obligatory for the parents to withdraw the child from the school. 80% attendance is essential. Otherwise the child will not be allowed to take up the annual examination.